Environmental protection

Processes in textile finishing are known to be resource intensive and thus have high environmental relevance. Particularly water, energy and textile auxiliaries are used in high quantities. The accumulation of waste water and polluted air can be avoided by modern technology, but it can never be avoided completely. Furthermore, we as a commission finishing company influence significantly how the finished products will affect the environment and people.

Our company was confronted with the resulting challenges at an early stage. Due to the special demands of the factory site in its rural location the impacts of the industrial production became quickly visible. Thus, wastewater has been treated in our own wastewater treatment plant since the 1960s.

In recent years we have taken various additional measures to minimize environmental impact. Very important is avoiding pollution.

  • Use of intelligent process control in production.
    This allows us to design the procedures and processes for each individual product in that way that they match perfectly its requirements.
  • Use of residual printing pastes.
    Residual printing pastes from printing are collected reused in a fully automatic reception- and dosing system. The specially designed TPR (Total Print Return) is unique in the textile sector.
  • Collection of residual fleets and residual pastes.
    By doing this textile auxiliary agents are kept from entering the sewage system
  • Use of heat recovery systems.
    Energy from waste water and exhaust air into circulation and reduces the use of primary energy as well as the Carbon Dioxide output significantly
  • Waste separation.
    Waste is already sorted to reusable materials during production and – as far as possible – recycled. Thus the disposable part is kept as low as possible.

Non-avoidable environmental pollution is reduced according to the latest technologies available:

  • Wastewater treatment plant
    Sewage from production is treated mechanically, biologically and chemically in a three-step waste treatment plant and finally directly led into a receiving tank up to 95% of organic tissues in the wastewater are removed from the sewage which is a special challenge due to the difficulties associated with eliminating colour and textile auxiliaries. The final receiving waters are especially sensitive as the process takes place in a nature reserve. The discharge values to which we adhere stringently exceed significantly the legal minimum requirements.
  • Rainwater treatment plant
    Even collected rain water can pollute water. Pollutants are filtered out in a rain purification basin. A rainwater retention basin also holds back excessive water amounts arising from strong rain. By restricting and evening out discharge, the receiving water is protected.
  • Waste air treatment
    Contaminated exhaust air from textile finishing systems is treated thermally in a RNV-plant (regenerative afterburning). The high efficiency for organic pollution exceeds 98%. Regenerative refers to the energy (95% remain in the plant) necessary for burning. The remaining 5 % is used effectively in textile finishing systems by a newly developed heat management system. In the total balance, energy consumption is significantly reduced, air cleaning is improved and overall less Carbon Dioxide is emitted into the atmosphere funding from the Environmental Innovation Programme of the Federal Ministry of Environment in the years 2011/2012. This project was deemed so important by the authorities that it received.

Contact

Get in touch with us:

Eing Textilveredlung und Handelsgesellschaft mbH & Co.KG
Stadtlohner Str. 71
48712 Gescher

Tel. (+49) 2542 / 704 - 0
Fax (+49) 2542 / 704 - 260

Email: info@eing.de